2531 Main Street SE
Los Lunas, N.M.
Owner: Albertsons LLC.
Type of business: Grocery store
How long in operation: 28 years in Los Lunas
1. What are some of the unexpected lessons you’ve learned being in business?
“No matter how hard you try to please every guest, there will always be one that is never satisfied, but you must never give up.”
2. What advice do you have for someone starting a business?
“Always take care of your customers and your team members. I have always said you’re only as good as the people behind you.”
3. What is the most enjoyable aspect of your line of work?
“Getting involved with the Valencia County community.”
4. Who do you admire most in your industry and why?
“When I came up in this business in 1979, a man by the name of Roger Flanagan gave me my first promotion, and I went from a courtesy clerk to a night crew stocker. After that he moved me up several times to different departments.”
5. What is it about Valencia County that keeps you doing business here?
“Without Valencia County this store would not survive. It is vital that our company always be involved.”
6. How have you been able to attract and maintain customers or clients?
“We always strive to give our guest the freshest products at a fair price. We pride ourselves in customer service. Our competitive strategy is to dominate service, differentiate experience, differentiate product, parity in convenience and parity in pricing.”
7. What do you do on a daily basis to make your business better?
“Talking to our guests, getting acquainted with them, knowing them on a first-name basis.”
8. Where do you see your business in the future?
“I can only see our business grow. We, as a company, must always be involved with our community. We also need to always take care of our guests. Without them, our business would not survive.”
Questions answered by Vince Dominguez, Store Director #919, Los Lunas