2350 N.M. 47
Rio Communities, 87002
Owner: Chris Montano
Type of business: Restaurant
How long in operation: Seven years
1. What are some of the unexpected lessons you’ve learned being in business?
“I have learned from other peoples mistakes that have been in the same business. I have tried my best not to make their same mistakes to better my business and to make it successful.”
2. What advice do you have for someone starting a business?
“It takes a lot of time, effort, consistency and patience to get started in the restaurant business.”
3. What is the most enjoyable aspect of your line of work?
“My customers. Without them, I would not have a successful business that I have today.”
4. Who do you admire most in your industry and why?
“My parents, for raising a strong-willed man to conquer whatever obstacles come fourth and to never give up.”
5. What is it about Valencia County that keeps you doing business here?
“I was born and raised in Valencia County, and love serving the people and businesses in my community on a regular basis, whether it be at the restaurant or outside at a community event.”
6. How have you been able to attract and maintain customers or clients?
“We offer a daily special throughout the week; we post on social media; and our menu is online for everybody to see.”
7. What do you do on a daily basis to make your business better?
“We listen to what our customers like and want. For the most part, if we don’t have something they want, we try our best to get it for them so they may have it on their next visit.”
8. Where do you see your business in the future?
“Still serving our great community of Valencia County, and making customers happy with full stomachs when they leave Big Mike’s Grill.”