108 Carson Drive
Los Lunas, N.M., 87031
Owner: Kenneth Trujillo
Type of business: Lumber and Hardware
How long in operation: 32 years
1. What are some of the unexpected lessons you’ve learned being in business?
“The ever-changing economy.”
2. What advice do you have for someone starting a business?
“Surround yourself with professional people.”
3. What is the most enjoyable aspect of your line of work?
“Meeting new people and watching my employees prosper.”
4. Who do you admire most in your industry and why?
“I admire my parents and appreciate the strong work ethic they instilled in me.”
4. What is it about Valencia County that keeps you doing business here?
“I was born and raised here, I love my community. I love seeing it grow and evolve.”
6. How have you been able to attract and maintain customers or clients?
“We pride ourselves in serving the customer with respect and competitive pricing.”
7. What do you do on a daily basis to make your business better?
“I greet all my employees with enthusiasm. I try very hard to keep a positive attitude.”
8. Where do you see your business in the future?
“Maintaining six stores that continue to thrive, and bringing in a younger generation with new ideas.”